Pages

November 21, 2013

How to Export & Import Contacts using vCard File in HTC

After going through a number of websites, I couldn't found the best way to backup my contacts. I have tried many different methods and tried to use apps such as MCBackup from the Play Store, but none of them was as per my requirements. For instance, MCBackup duplicated my phone contacts and whatsapp contacts. Then, I started looking for any options within my phone without the help of any app. To my surprise, I found the below method, which is easy and doesn't require the help of any app.

Export/Backup Contacts from HTC Smartphone

1. Open People and go to Menu.
2. Click on Manage Contacts.
3. Click on Import/Export Contacts.
4. Select Export to Storage card from the pop up menu.
5. Select Phone from another menu that pops up.
6. A vCard file will be stored on the Storage card.
7. Copy this vCard file from the Storage card and save it to your computer and to your cloud storage account such as Dropbox, SkyDrive or Google Drive.

Import/Restore Contacts to HTC Smartphone

1. Copy a vCard file to the Storage card from your computer or any cloud storage service..
2. Open People and go to Menu.
3. Click on Manage Contacts.
4. Click on Import/Export Contacts.
5. Select Import from Storage card from the pop up menu.
6. Select Phone from another menu that pops up.
7. All contacts will now to imported to your phone.

Please feel free to comment.

9 comments:

  1. Great articles, first of all Thanks for writing such lovely Post! Earlier I thought that posts are the only most important thing on any blog. But here at Shout me loud I found how important other elements are for your blog.Keep update more posts..
    cloud computing training in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply couldn’t depart your site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual information an individual supply in your visitors? Is going to be again steadily to check out new posts.
    Cloud Computing Training in Chennai
    AWS Training in Chennai
    Salesforce Training in Chennai
    VMware Training in Chennai
    Hadoop Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete